REQUIRED TOOLS AND MATERIALS
4’ level, Saw (Miter Saw, Jigsaw, Fine Tooth Hand Saw or Utility Knife), Pencil, J-roller, Dust Mask
PRIOR TO INSTALLATION
- Allow planks to acclimate by placing them in the area you are installing for 48-72 hours.
- WoodyWalls planks can be installed on variety of surfaces such as walls, ceilings, doors, backsplashes, kitchen cabinets and headboards.
- Inspect planks thoroughly prior to installation. Avoid using any damaged boards to ensure proper adhesion and to prevent any future problems
- Use caution while working around wall outlets and light switches.
- Keep your HVAC at 60-75ºF for a few days prior to installation as well as during and after installation.
- DO NOT install as flooring.
- DO NOT install in the areas with humidity level above 80% (e.g. bathroom) or the areas where the temperature exceeds 125º F (e.g. near fireplace)
- Clean the wall surface. Remove all debris, dust, grease, cover plates and protruding nails.
- Use planks from different bundles to ensure even mix of colors.
- Dry-lay planks before permanently installing to create your desired pattern*, especially if you are working with multicolor boards.
- With the use of a pencil and a 4’ level draw a line across the wall 5’’ below the ceiling to create your reference line.
- Using the reference line as a guide, peel the paper off the 3M adhesive and position the starter row planks groove side up along your line. Press into place.
- After placing your starter row, apply firm steady pressure along the entire row of planks. Use J-Roller to ensure that steady even pressure is applied to the entire surface, since our adhesive is pressure sensitive.
- Always use a dust mask to protect yourself from inhaling any debris from cutting wood planks.
- Make sure to mark locations of light switches, electrical outlets and air vents on the plank before removing the paper liner on the tape.
- When installing your top and bottom rows, cut the planks lengthwise by using a jigsaw or table saw.
- Use sanding block to smooth the cut edges if needed.
CARE AND CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS
- WoodyWalls Planks are made from real wood materials, the use of dry cloth should be the primary method of cleaning.
- Do not use any abrasive cleaners, polishes, wax or oil-based products on your wall.
- Wall Décor such as mirrors, pictures, TV’s and shelves can be mounted by drilling THROUGH the boards and using industry standard techniques for installation on the underlying substrate.
*OPTIONAL INSTALLATION DESIGNS
! WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/wood.