REQUIRED TOOLS AND MATERIALS:
4’ level, Saw (Miter Saw, Jigsaw, Fine Tooth Hand Saw or Utility Knife), Pencil, J-roller, Dust Mask.
PRIOR TO INSTALLATION:
Allow planks to acclimate by placing them in the area you are installing for 48-72 hours.
WoodyWalls planks can be installed on variety of surfaces such as walls, ceilings, doors, backsplashes, kitchen cabinets and headboards.
Inspect planks thoroughly prior to installation. Avoid using any damaged boards to ensure proper adhesion and to prevent any future problems.
Use caution while working around wall outlets and light switches.
Keep your HVAC at 60-75ºF for a few days prior to installation as well as during and after installation.
DO NOT install as flooring.
DO NOT install in the areas with humidity level above 80% (e.g. bathroom) or the areas where the temperature exceeds 125º F (e.g. near fireplace).
1. Clean the wall surface. Remove all debris, dust, grease, cover plates and protruding nails.
2. Use planks from different bundles to ensure even mix of colors.
3. Dry-lay planks before permanently installing to create your desired pattern*, especially if you are working with multicolor boards.
4. With the use of a pencil and a 4’ level draw a line across the wall 5’’ below the ceiling to create your reference line.
5. Using the reference line as a guide, peel the paper off the 3M adhesive and position the starter row planks groove side up along your line. Press into place.
6. After placing your starter row, apply firm steady pressure along the entire row of planks. Use J-Roller to ensure that steady even pressure is applied to the entire surface, since our adhesive is pressure sensitive.
7. Always use a dust mask to protect yourself from inhaling any debris from cutting wood planks.
8. Make sure to mark locations of light switches, electrical outlets and air vents on the plank before removing the paper liner on the tape.
9. When installing your top and bottom rows, cut the planks lengthwise by using a jigsaw or table saw.
10. Use sanding block to smooth the cut edges if needed.
CARE AND CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS:
WoodyWalls Planks are made from real wood materials, the use of dry cloth should be the primary method of cleaning.
Do not use any abrasive cleaners, polishes, wax or oil-based products on your wall.
Wall Décor such as mirrors, pictures, TV’s and shelves can be mounted by drilling THROUGH the boards and using industry standard techniques for installation on the underlying substrate.
*OPTIONAL INSTALLATION DESIGNS
! WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/wood.