REQUIRED TOOLS AND MATERIALS:
4’ level, Pencil, Construction Adhesive (i.e. Liquid Nails), Nail Gun or Regular Nails, Saw (Miter Saw, Jigsaw, Fine Tooth Hand Saw), Dust Mask.
PRIOR TO INSTALLATION:
Allow 3D panels to acclimate by placing them in the area you are installing for 48-72 hours.
WoodyWalls panels can be installed on variety of surfaces such as walls, backsplashes, kitchen cabinets, ceilings and headboards.
Inspect panels thoroughly prior to installation. Avoid using any damaged boards to ensure proper adhesion and to prevent any future problems -Use caution while working around wall outlets and light switches.
Keep your HVAC at 60-75ºF for a few days prior to installation as well as during and after installation.
3D panels can be installed around a code-approved fireplace as long as the surface you are applying panels to is not exposed to combustible materials.
When installing panels in places with high humidity (i.e. bathrooms), prior to installation make sure the application surface is completely dry and clear of dust/debris to insure proper adhesion.
DO NOT install as flooring.
CARE AND CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS:
WoodyWalls panels are made from real wood materials, the use of dry cloth should be the primary method of cleaning.
Wall Décor such as mirrors, pictures, TV’s and shelves can be mounted by drilling THROUGH the boards and using industry standard techniques for installation on the underlying substrate.
1. Clean the wall surface. Remove all debris, dust, grease, cover plates and protruding nails.
2. *Optional Step*- we recommend painting the surface in the same shade as planks prior to installation.
3. Use panels from different bundles to ensure even mix of colors.
4. Dry-lay panels before permanently installing to create your desired pattern.
5. Apply glue on the back of each panel. Use dry cloth to remove any excess of adhesive immediately after application.
6. Start applying the first row of panels from the lowest point of the surface going upward.
7. Press into place, secure panels with nails.
8. Always use a dust mask to protect yourself from inhaling any debris from cutting wood panels.
9. Use sanding block to smooth the cut edges if needed.
WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/wood.
There are no reviews yet.